Thursday, September 22, 2005

Coffee is still good for you

Coffee a top source of healthy antioxidants

Coffee not only helps clear the mind and perk up the energy, it also provides more healthful antioxidants than any other food or beverage in the American diet, according to a study released Sunday.
I love break downs in conventional wisdom. I don't know that I think a lot of people think coffee is out and out bad, but I would also doubt that non-drinkers are sitting around chomping at the bit to pick up a new addictive habit.

But, speaking as a die hard, this was awfully comforting - especially given that I am showing very little predilection for giving up my morning mocha. I read an excellent book on the effects of caffeine and alcohol (entitled Buzz) a couple years ago which seemed to net out that anything in excess is bad, but the author himself hadn't stopped drinking either, even with all his research. Between that and all these helpful antioxidants, I think I'll stop feeling so guilty about a buzz in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home